Sunday, January 8, 2012

Children Dislike Formerly Abusive Dad--Do Not Want to See Him?

My children have never really bonded with their biological father, although he has Saturday visitations. He has put women before them sometimes sleeping with a new one every Saturday with the children there; but most disturbing, he has left bruises on our children which I reported to CPS. The last episode of child abuse was two years ago and now it seems everyone is ok with it. But my children still suffer anxiety and stress having to go. They keep their father at arm's length and do not share anything with him. In fact, they tell fibs so that he is completely misguided when it comes to what's going on in their lives. They are 10 and 12. They would really prefer that they not go, and as a minimum not be forced to stay over night. But he looks like a shining example of a "reformed" abuser and everyone wants to applaude him and refuses to see the stress still suffered by my children. I do not have money for a therapist. What can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment